I had a great stretch of training from the end of October through mid-November. Now, in a first week really getting back into it after a couple difficult personal weeks, things are difficult just to keep training. But I’m pushing through under the CONSISTENCY OVER VOLUME mantra, meaning any little bit of training is better than none or one big chunk in a day or two.
1. My cadence sensor on my bike is having issues. I have been trying to get a good 2-hour workout but the signal keeps cutting out. So, I have to get off the bike and look into it. Different issue each day, or maybe it’s the same issue that I don’t really fix, but the bottom line is that it’s causing me problems, and it’s frustrating.
2. Pool is closed. I enjoy lifting weights, but I don’t get to swim, and that’s frustrating. Hopefully it will be fixed by January when they say it will be fixed.
3. Travel. Too much of it. This is really where I build in some consistency over volume. At least I’m doing something, but it certainly detracts from motivation of building volume.
4. My Netflix queue is showing signs of trouble. I only have four or five more workouts left for watching “Revolution.” Then what? Not sure. I have to find a new show that I want to get up and watch, and that is more difficult than it sounds.
5. Weather: Wow, it’s getting cold. I ran yesterday in the sunny, beautiful weather if you don’t count 5 degrees and 15mph wind. It was better than expected. I layered appropriately for running into the wind. With the wind to my back, I burned up. My ear lobes got really cold. It’s a hassle to carry all those running clothes to work. Life is tough right? My point is that it’s frustrating, and it is a mental block. Gotta push through!
Enough whining today! I thank God for the ability and opportunity to do what I do, and be healthy with a healthy family.
Actually, that’s the real consistency I am having, and I like it…..consistency of meeting my primary goal of “family first” at all times.